This Using Photographs to Teach Social Justice | Exposing Anti-Immigration Sentiment lesson plan also includes:
The debate about immigration reform continues. To gain a deeper understanding of the issues involved, class members first examine a photo of an anti-immigration rally. Groups then conduct an internet search for an image that presents an opposite point of view. The lesson concludes with individuals expressing their own point of view in an essay, advertisement, or picket sign.
- Have groups research the current status of immigration reform and the immigration debate
- Requires computers with an internet connection
- Protocols must be in place to assure safe, respectful discussions
- Sixth in a series of social justice resources that use photographs to launch class conversations
- Questions are provided to guide the internet search and the class discussion