This Using Progressive Relaxation activity & project also includes:
Stress makes a mess of our minds and bodies. Like a vicious circle, stress causes our bodies to tense and makes it more difficult to get rid of the stress. Break the cycle for you and your students by practicing progressive relaxation. Quick mini-lesson details the process for practicing this calming technique.
- Set the stage for the activity by dimming classroom lights and playing calming music
- Post the steps for the exercise in the classroom and on the class website
- Use the exercise as a brain break before or after a particularly challenging lesson
- Appropriate for all grade levels
- Includes step-by-step directions