This Vocabulary Strategies and Questions from the Text: Close Reading Part 2 of The Lightning Thief (Chapter 3, Continued) lesson plan also includes:
That is very unexpected! Scholars take a close look at the word unexpectedly from chapter three of The Lightning Thief. They examine the prefix and think of other words that have the same prefix. Learners regroup in their triads and take turns drawing questions about the text from a question basket.
- Provide highlighters for pupils to highlight prefixes in words to help identify the root word
- Lesson 6 of 13 consecutive parts in Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 1
- Requires creating question baskets in advance
- Includes samples for teacher reference
- Provides a list of prefixes along with their meanings