This Waterproof that Roof! lesson plan also includes:
Stop the raindrops from getting into the house! Eager engineers learn about roofing history and waterproofing by nanotechnology. They get into groups and work on designing a waterproof roof for a small model house. The accompanying handout provides space for planning and critical analysis questions for follow-up. Miniature rain storms are sure to make a splash with your science or engineering class!
- Well-written student guide sheets keep groups on -task
- Adaptable to the Common Core and designed for Next Generation Science Standards
- Hands-on learning keeps brains engaged as well
- Because of the amount of water involved in testing waterproofing, you may want to save this lesson for when the weather is pleasant enough to do it outdoors
- Be aware that the reading material may not be suitable for younger learners, in which case, you can teach to their level