Feeling a little under the weather? A pathogen could be to blame. A video from a larger pathogens playlist presents a brief overview of the bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protists that put us in peril. From cholera to dysentery, it explains each type using clear terminology and amusing illustrations.
- Add the video to a human illness lesson plan for a quick introduction to the four basic categories of pathogens
- Keep the pathogen party going by showing the next video in the playlist, which details how pathogens are spread
- Provide a quick discussion of the differences between bacteria and viruses before viewing the resource
- The resource illustrates the size and appearance of a variety of pathogens
- Shows each type of pathogen with examples that cause human illness and how the illness affects those that contract it
- Misidentifies viruses as organisms