This What is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle? video also includes:
Not sure how to introduce young physicists to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal? Well this short video is a great place to start, as it explains how the particle and wave nature of matter makes it impossible to know both the location and speed of any object.
- After watching this video, have students write their own definitions of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and explain it to a classmate
- Assign this video and the included assessment as a homework assignment in your flipped classroom
- This video assumes students have prior knowledge about the properties of waves
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Visual models help to demonstrate the abstract concepts discussed in the video
- A short assessment containing five multiple choice and three free-response questions is included with the video