This What’s the Good Word? Etymology Project Guidelines activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Who named the shapes, or the days of the week? Should words be removed from the dictionary if they're no longer commonly used? Are there too many words in the English language? Language arts students explore these and additional questions with a project-based resource on etymology.
- Brainstorm additional questions for class members to research, based on their own curiosity
- Consider augmenting the rubric to add complexity to the assessment
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Topics are engaging and interesting for class members
- Encourages learners to use reference materials as research tools