Paleontologists could be considered detectives of the past. A quick online lesson describes the science of paleontology and the importance of fossils. Young scientists read about how paleontologists analyze the features of fossils to draw conclusions about the past. The lesson can serve as a remote learning resource.
- Bring in fossils or images of fossils and have pupils attempt to identify their contents
- Have learners complete a graphic organizer to show what fossils can and cannot show
- Expects a basic understanding of the characteristics of fossils
- Provides vocabulary support
- Includes links to additional lessons on the topic