This Where Are the Plastics Near Me? (Mapping the Data) activity & project also includes:
The last activity in a nine-part series has teams create a Google Earth map using the data they collected during a field trip. Using the map, groups analyze the results and make adjustments to the map to reflect their analysis. A short report on the findings rounds out the mapping activity.
- Encourage teams to include in their presentation a prediction of what would happen if nothing different is done at the site
- Prior to the activity, complete the data-collecting field trip activity
- It would be beneficial if the class has already gone through the activity in which they learn how to make Google Earth layers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- If you do not choose to do the Google Earth presentation, the resource provides alternative presentations
- The activity makes a connection to tasks that engineers must also do