This Where Was the New Deal? interactive also includes:
Young historians delve into the origin of federal social programs to understand the impact of the New Deal. An informative activity explores some of the New Deal programs, such as the Civilian Conservation Corp, using historical documents. Academics also complete a series of questions, conduct Internet research, and share their opinions in a group discussion.
- Compare the pros and cons of the New Deal programs
- Guide a group discussion on how New Deal programs still benefit citizens today
- A portion of the resource is completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The activity can be completed in groups, pairs, or individually
- Resource provides an opportunity for primary source analysis