How did the planets form? An interesting video from the SciShow Space series identifies the differences between the inner and outer planets and how the history of the solar system's sun put everything in its place. Viewers also learn about the Kuiper Belt and what lies just outside of the planets we know (and it's not just Pluto!).
- Introduce the concepts of inner and outer planets
- Give real-life context to chemistry discussion of states of matter
- Expects pupils have general knowledge of the solar system and general chemistry
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Narrator is humorous and engaging
- Good connection between space science and chemistry