Humans are the only mammals who delay sleep. Viewers learn this and other interesting facts in a video that explores sleep in humans. The narrator also discusses how lights affect our sleep, the importance of sleep, and how sleep is essential to life.
- Have classes survey the school and determine average number of hours learners sleep; graph, post, and discuss findings
- Have your class research the positive effects of sleep and share findings
- Video ends at 7:54; the rest of video is advertisements
- Includes links at end of the video and within the description for further videos and readings about sleep
- Content is engaging for learners because a majority of them would sleep for 10-12 hours if allowed — great topic for discussions!