This Why Right Brained Is Wrong…Brained video also includes:
The brain is an especially complex organ. A PD lesson from the Good Thinking series discusses the importance of not isolating processes to the right or left side of the brain. The instruction uses specific examples to illustrate how broad categorizing of pupils may affect overall learning.
- Use graphic organizers to record characteristics of right- and left-brained characteristics
- Have teachers discuss the importance of not characterizing types of learners
- Applicable to all grade levels and content areas
- Instruction directly correlates to recent research
- Discusses strategies for increasing pupil engagement