This Why Should You Read James Joyce's "Ulysses"? video also includes:
What is Bloomsday? Why would thousands travel to Dublin on this day to visit sites depicted in a novel that is ridiculously hard to read? Why even bother with reading such a book? Find out by viewing a short video that suggests the benefits in reading James Joyce's Ulysses.
- Use the video to introduce a study of the novel
- Divide the class into 18 groups, assign one episode to each, and have members explore the schema for their chapter
- Prior knowledge of Homer's Odyssey would be helpful
- Most appropriate for AP and college-level classes
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides links to related articles and resources