This Why Should You Read Shakespeare's "The Tempest"? video also includes:
Why should you read a story about a magician, his daughter, a slave, a monster, a sprite, a witch, and a prince? Find out what William Shakespeare's The Tempest all about and why it is still a worthy read, despite being written over 400 years ago, with a short animated video on the play's plot and literary themes.
- After watching, ask class members to evaluate whether or not the video presents enough incentive for reading the play
- Have group research the links provided
- Pair with a reading of Poe's "Masque of the Red Death"
- Most appropriate for high school or college-level Shakespeare classes
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Details some of the ambiguities in the play
- Includes a comprehension check and links to related resources