This Women and Confucianism lesson plan also includes:
Young historians consider the far-reaching effects of traditional teachings on the debates about the current attitudes toward women in society. The discussion begins with a list of New-Confucian sayings and expands to a global perspective.
1 Collection 13 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Present the lesson during Women's History month in March
- Use in the contest of a world religions unit
- Be sure students can have a respectful discussion of sensitive issues
- Part of a larger unit "The Eyes of the Empress: Tang Dynasty China" available for purchase
- Class members are encourage to consider the far-reaching effects of the teachings on how women feel about themselves