This Worth! lesson plan also includes:
Before loaning a friend money, what factors would you consider and why would you lend it? Your young economists will face questions like these in a instructional activity on banking, profit, risk, and reward, which includes the reading of the book Worth!, follow-up discussion, and a collaborative role-playing activity.
- If you cannot access the book or would like to adapt the lesson for your class in a different way, consider designing your own loan applicant roles that connect to more relevant, real-life situations applying to your pupils
- This lesson plan is primarily based on the reading of a book titled Worth!; however, the materials can also be adapted to a stand-alone lesson focusing on the role-playing activity and economic concepts
- Other topics covered include factors affecting loan interest rates and the availability of credit
- All follow-up handouts and activity materials included
- Incorporates best teaching methodologies throughout lesson