From words to symbols ... the power of algebra! Individuals learn to write algebraic equations from a verbal expression using a video demonstration. The examples compare the number of apples to bananas in six different ways, allowing viewers to concentrate on the algebra rather than the context.
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the lesson
- After watching the lesson, have learners complete the same problems to check for understanding
- Assumes scholars are familiar with keywords indicating algebraic operations
- Examples include all operations
- The narrator defines variables before using them in an equation