Turning words into symbols, a powerful application of mathematics. A video lesson explains how to rewrite a problem-solving question with expressions. The instructor emphasizes the need to define variables.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for guided and independent practice
- Leave posted as a resource for review
- Expects a conceptual understanding of an expression
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Emphasizes algebraic vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Includes more than one example to reinforce learning