This Writing Interview Questions lesson plan also includes:
And now for the star witness! Scholars take a look at a model newspaper article and discuss the importance of eyewitness accounts. In groups of three, they take turns underlining text from eyewitnesses. They then regroup to talk about the article and work on creating interview questions to ask a witness.
- Watch current news where a person gives an eye witness account
- First lesson of 12 in the series Grade 6 ELA Module 3A, Unit 3
- Order of lessons matters
- Requires different color pens or pencils
- Incorporates authentic text (newspapers)
- Offers idea for meeting the needs of struggling learners