This Writing the Children’s Book: Day Two lesson plan also includes:
Following a brief mini-lesson on using dialogue in fiction, young writers continue day two of their writing workshop. They work on the second half of their Children's Book Storyboards, and then they turn and talk with partners to reflect on their writing process.
- Show a short video on punctuating dialogue
- Have students practice adding dialogue to descriptive paragraphs
- Lesson seven of 12 from the Grade 7 ELA Module 3, Unit 3 series
- Mini-lesson requires a document camera or another method of projection
- Includes helpful teaching notes
- Incorporates differentiated instruction