This Your Environment, Your Health: Food Safety unit also includes:
Did youknow that chicken causes the greatest risk of food-borne illness. The fourth unit in a six-part series addresses food safety. Scholars research common scenarios of food causing illness through the National Institute for Health. They then experiment with three different ways of washing produce. Finally, they share their findings outside the classroom to help educate the public.
- Extend the final lesson to include how to safely prepare and store meats, eggs, and dairy products
- Be aware of any food allergies for the second activity
- Look through student handouts carefully before printing; some only require one copy per class, some are one per group, and some are one per person
- Directly impacts pupils' lives
- Connects science with life skills
- Easy to adapt to higher or lower-level scholars