Humans are born without any bacteria, yet have acquired the majority of the microbiome expected for adulthood by the age of three. A biology video introduces the human microbiome, and describes when the microbiome begins developing, how it helps us, and the microbiomes of other animals.
- Research the number of microbes on the average human
- Content concludes after less than 5:30 minutes and the remaining video is an advertisement for the sponsor
- Consider the maturity of pupils, as the video discusses various birth methods and infant feeding methods in humans
- Offers a long list of references for those wishing to learn more
- Includes closed captioning in nine languages for the hearing impaired
- Connects biology, chemistry, life science, wellness, and human development